Staltus Dragonbane

Last Updated: September 22, 2022

staltus dragonbane splash artwork

Champion Overall Rating: 4.5

Best Defence Nuker!

Key Areas

Arena Def: 10
Arena Atk: 10
Clan Boss: 4
Hydra: 4
Doom Tower: 10

Dungeons

Spider: 10
Fire Knight: 8
Dragon: 8
Ice Golem: 8
Iron Twins: 4

Faction Wars

  • Damage: Godlike
  • Crowd Control: Godlike
  • Turn Meter Control: Great

Doom Tower

Magma Dragon: 4
Frost Spider: 4
Nether Spider: 10
Scarab King: 8
Eternal Dragon: 4
Celestial Griffin: 4
Dreadhorn: 2
Dark Fae: 8

Champion Type

DEF

10/10

Book
Value

A2, A3

Book
Priority

Staltus Dragonbane

Teleria has Dragons?! Staltus Dragonbane brings the mysterious creatures to the Banner Lords faction as part of patch 6.0. He has taken Dracomorphs head and is using it as a helmet, if that isn’t a statement and a half I don’t know what is!

It has taken some time but finally Soulless has been dethroned as the best defense based damage dealer in all of Teleria. Whilst Soulless A3 might hit slightly harder, the rest of Staltus abilities produce more damage. It all is driven from the passive which increases Staltus damage by 5% for each debuff on an enemy target. He brings 2 AoE abilities (normally essential for arena which often requires another nuke) both of which hit extremely hard. On the A3 he’s able to provide his own Increase Defense buff meaning you are not required to bring a Siphi or Doomscreech and rely on other TM boosters for your speed team. Additionally his passive makes him immune to any Poison, Decrease Defense or Weaken which makes him especially good for Dragon and Agreth, the Nether Spider.

Damage Aside, Staltus brings a great deal to your team. His A2 has a 50% (75% booked) chance per hit to Stun almost guaranteeing this will land over 2 hits. This a2 is massive for dealing with the Spider’s Minions because you can just stun them up and have done with them for a turn. He has a 20% Decrease Turn Meter on the A1 on any target under a debuff. His a3 debuffs are less useful as its conditional on the target and Decrease Critical Damage will be used more often than not where the Decrease Speed would be more desirable.

Whether you are looking for a big Defence based Nuke, solid crowd control for waves or a just a cool looking dragon fire breathing animation (yes he summons a dragon!), look no further than Staltus Dragonbane.

Axe of Glory

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. If the target is under any debuff, each hit decreases the target’s Turn Meter by 10%.
Level 2: Damage +10%
Level 3: Damage +10%

Damage Rating

Multiplier: 1.9*DEF
Overall Grading*: Godlike

Drakehunter - 4 Turn Cooldown

Attacks all enemies 2 times. Each hit has a 50% chance of placing a [Stun] debuff for 1 turn.
Level 2: Damage +10%
Level 3: Damage +10%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +15%
Level 5: Cooldown -1

Damage Rating

Multiplier: 2.1*DEF
Overall Grading*: Godlike

Dragon Heart - 5 Turn Cooldown

Places a 60% [Increase DEF] buff on this champion for 3 turns, then attacks all enemies.

Has a 75% chance of placing a 25% [Decrease C.DMG] debuff for 2 turns on enemies whose ATK is higher than their DEF.
Has a 75% chance of placing a 30% [Decrease SPD] debuff for 2 turns on enemies whose ATK is equal to or lower than their DEF.
Level 2: Damage +10%
Level 3: Damage +10%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +15%
Level 6: Cooldown -1

Damage Rating

Multiplier: 4*DEF
Overall Grading*: Godlike

Untarnished [P]

Whenever an enemy attempts to place a [Weaken] debuff, a [Decrease DEF] debuff, or a [Poison] debuff on this champion, reflects them back onto the attacker.
Damage increases by 5% for each debuff on the target.

Aura

Increases Ally DEF in all Battles by 30%

*Grading is calculated using Realistic Battle Scenarios - Read More Here

PVE Masteries

Crowd Control
General PvE
Offense
blade-disciple
deadly-precision
heart-of-glory
keen-strike
shield-breaker
grim-resolve
single-out
life-drinker
whirlwind-of-death
ruthless-ambush
bring-it-down
wrath-of-the-slain
cycle-of-violence
opportunist
methodical
kill-streak
blood-shield
stoked-to-fury
warmaster
helmsmasher
giant-slayer
flawless-execution
Defense
tough-skin
defiant
blastproof
rejuvenation
might-endurance
improved-parry
shadow-heal
resurgent
bloodthirst
wisdom-of-battle
solidarity
delay-death
harvest-despair
stubbornness
selfless-defender
cycle-of-revenge
retribution
deterrence
iron-skin
bulwark
fearsome-presence
unshakeable
Support
steadfast
pinpoint-accuracy
lay-on-hands
shieldbearer
exalt-in-death
charged-focus
healing-savior
rapid-response
swarm-smiter
arcane-celerity
merciful-aid
cycle-of-magic
lore-of-steel
evil-eye
lasting-gifts
spirit-haste
sniper
master-hexer
elixir-of-life
timely-intervention
oppressor
eagle-eye
Offense
blade-disciple
deadly-precision
heart-of-glory
keen-strike
shield-breaker
grim-resolve
single-out
life-drinker
whirlwind-of-death
ruthless-ambush
bring-it-down
wrath-of-the-slain
cycle-of-violence
opportunist
methodical
kill-streak
blood-shield
stoked-to-fury
warmaster
helmsmasher
giant-slayer
flawless-execution
Defense
tough-skin
defiant
blastproof
rejuvenation
might-endurance
improved-parry
shadow-heal