Here we are going to give you a guide on how to take down the scarab boss in the doom tower in Raid: Shadow Legends!
Madness Fog [ATK]
Attacks all enemies. Places a 50% [Decrease ATK] and a 30% [Decrease SPD] Debuff for 2 turns. Places an extra hit on enemies with no [Shield] buff. The extra hit places a [Provoke] Debuff for 1 turn.
Vile Absorption [ATK]
Attacks all enemies. Places an extra hit on each enemy for each buff on the target. Each extra hit steals one random buff from enemies that have no [Shield] buff and removes one random buff from enemies under [Shield] buff. Places [True Fear] Debuff for 1 turn on enemies who have buffs stolen and a [Fear] Debuff for 1 turn on enemies who have buffs removed.
Spectral Horror [Passive]
Decreases the damage received according to how much Borgoth’s MAX HP has been decreased. Damage received is decreased by:
⦁ 90% if Borgoth’s Max HP has been decreased less than 10%.
⦁ 60% if Borgoth’s Max HP has been decreased between 10% and 20%.
⦁ 30% if Borgoth’s Max HP has been decreased between 20% and 30%.
⦁ 0% if Borgoth’s Max HP has been decreased more than 30%.
Easy Prey [Passive]
Counterattacks when attacked by enemy that has no [Shield] buff.
Almighty Immunity [Passive]
Immune to [Stun], [Freeze], [Sleep], [Provoke], [Block Cooldown Skills], [Fear] and [True Fear] Debuffs. Also immune to HP exchange effects, HP balancing effects and cooldown increasing effects.
- Destroy Artifact Sets are essential for any of your damage dealers when approaching Borgoth. Champions dealing high damage or based on Enemy Max HP are recommended for this role. Breaking the first Spectral Horror barrier as quickly as you can will significantly improve your success rate.
- Champions that decrease Enemy Max HP can be helpful but take note to avoid champions who’s skills do not work on bosses such as Urost the Soulcage and Skull Lord Var-Gall
- You should always maintain a Shield on your champions to avoid Borgoth counter attacking. Champions who can do this on a regular basis with a low cooldown are highly effective such as Draconis, Metalshaper and Valerie. Additionally, it is a good idea to equip 1 champion in your team in a Shield Artifact Set so that you start the encounter with a 3 turn Shield.
- Borgorth can be turn meter controlled therefore champions like Armiger in a Destroy set become MVP for this encounter.
- Ally attack and Counter-Attack can help break the Spectral Horror passive in less time making champions like Lanakis the Chosen, Kreela Witch-arm, Valkyrie, Martyr and Skullcrusher high value for this boss. The boss can steal Counter-Attack so you should plan accordingly for that outcome.
Niche Strategy: You can resist most of Borgoth’s attempts when he uses Vile Absorption but you will need a minimum of 200 for this to be reliable and even more as you climb the tower.
There are 4 fundamentals that you should follow when fighting the Scarab boss. These include: Shields, Turn meter control, decrease enemy max HP and destroy gear.
Shields – This is important for your team to have because the boss won’t counter attack and double hit if your champion is in a shield. This will make your run easier and increase your success of completing the level. You should aim to have a couple of people who can use a shield buff just incase they outrun the boss. This is important that your speeds are right and not too quick so the shields have full effect.
Turn Meter Control – The boss can have its turn meter depleted so you should use this to your advantage. This will make your runs easier as the boss won’t get a turn but make sure if he does that you have your shields active or you will be in trouble!
Decrease Enemy Max HP – This may be hard to find in a champion as only a select few have it but that’s what the Scarab boss is designed to be beaten by. The more you decrease its max HP the less resistances it has making it easier to kill the boss. Therefore hitting it with said skills will help your run.
Destroy Gear – This once useless gear set now has a purpose! Using this gear on a number of champions will be very helpful in completing the level as it counters the boss pretty nicely. You should start farming this gear if you haven’t got a set already as now is the time to brush the cobwebs off it and get it on your champions!
We hope these tips help you progress through the tower. For more in depth analysis and examples of builds watch the HH video below! Happy Raiding!