Arclight Rumble is still in it’s closed beta phase, however, we are starting to slowly see some updates roll out that give us a good sense that the game is still moving in the right direction. On the 17th of October, the Blizzard Dev team put out a statement on their forums highlighting some of the changes that have been made so far.
Here are the latest updates to Arclight Rumble:
It’s time for Arclight Surge! Twice a week, two previously defeated Zones will overload with Arclight energy and create new challenges for you to overcome. Update 0.9.3 also comes with many accompanying changes to progression along with continued Mini tuning adjustments.
Some Surges will create a new map-wide change like triple income or powered up towers. Others change the army you must use to win! Ever wanted to know what it’s like to have an army with every Horde and Beast Troop? Ready or not, give it a shot! Arclight Surge will be the primary way players have of earning extra Coins in Arclight Rumble.
- Two Zones will surge twice per week. Each surge lasts 3 days, starting on Sunday and Thursday.
- Each surge Mission will award 40 coins when defeated and is affected by the Coin bonus from the Arclight Booster.
- Each surge will alter two Zones, one with a map-wide Surge modifier, the other will replace your army with a premade army.
- End of game XP will be awarded to the army you currently have equipped.
Features and Systems
- Player Level will now increase per 20 Mini levels, instead of per 25 levels.
- Common Quests will cycle after 30 mins, from 60.
- Daily Claim rewards now consistently grant XP Tomes.
- Daily Claim rewards now unlock at 6:00, 14:00, 22:00 PT, from 1:00, 9:00, 17:00.
- Daily Free Gift now shows up once a day instead of twice a day, with varied Coin amounts.
- Dungeons are now open Wednesday-Sunday instead of Thursday-Monday.
- Arclight Booster will now bank equivalent bonus Coins earned from Campaign and Conquest missions and grant them in addition to the base offer upon purchase.
- Coins earned from Arclight Surge do not bank bonus coins.
- Developer Note: Unfortunately, we could not find a clean solution to retroactively apply this exact logic to existing players. As a one-time grant, regardless of time of purchase, anyone who has previously purchased an Arclight Booster will receive 1000 Coins.
Gameplay and Combat
- Stun and Frost now have diminished returns on bosses, similar to Execute.
- Poison now works on towers and player bases with similar diminishing returns.
- Baron Rivendare
- Default Valor Slot is now Unbound, changed from Fast.
- New Leader Ability! Earthen Might – Your other Horde Troops have 20% increased Health.
- New Leader Ability! Spirit Tangle – Minis in your hand share the same cost.
- Developer Note: This ability separates costs and Minis into two different piles. Played Minis will place their base cost to the bottom of the cost pile and the Mini itself will be placed on the bottom of the Mini pile. At any given time, you’ll be presented with 4 Minis to play that all have the same cost. Sometimes you’ll be able to play a Molten Giant for 1, or sometimes you’ll play a Kobold for 6! Embrace the chaos!
- Default Valor Slot is now Fast, changed from Bombard.
- Damage has been increased to 220, from 130. Health has been reduced to 1040, from 1400. Attack Speed has been increased to 1.3, from 1.5.
- Blood Rage Talent has been changed to Savage Strikes.
- New Talent: Savage Strikes – Grommash deals double damage to enemies below 50% health.
- Maiev Shadowsong
- Shadowstep now has a 5 second cooldown.
- Cost has been reduced to 5, from 6.
- Health has been reduced to 1040, from 1120.
- Leader ability Sneed Before Greed has been updated to grant 1 Gold when a Siege Damage unit destroys a tower, opens a chest or captures a meeting stone.
- Self Destruct Talent has been changed to Pillage.
- New Talent: Pillage – Increases Gold earned from Sneed Before Greed by 1.
- Now Hooks Ranged enemies into his cleave range!
- Abomination will now deploy faster but will no longer stun enemies when crashing onto the battlefield.
- Angry Chickens
- Damage has been increased to 40, from 35. Attack speed has been increased to 1.0, from 1.3.
- Move speed is now Fast, from Medium-Fast.
- Boss Chicken Talent has been changed to Snackrifice.
- New Talent: Snackrifice – Nearby Beast allies can consume a Chicken to heal themselves.
- Arcane Blast
- The Arcane Power Talent now starts at 3, ascending, instead of starting at 4 and descending.
- Fixed a bug where Arcane Blast Talents were not using base spell damage.
- Lasting Winter Talent has been changed to Frozen Fortress.
- New Talent: Frozen Fortress – Blizzard also covers your base regardless of cast location.
- Chain Lightning
- Damage has been increased to 150, from 140.
- Core Hounds
- Health has been reduced to 1420, from 1520.
- Guard Dog Talent has been updated to only work near friendly bases, towers and meeting stones.
- Blazing Speed Talent will now reset out of combat as intended.
- Heatwave Talent damage has been reduced to 20%, from 30%.
- Gargoyle is now a Siege unit and will no longer attack Minis.
- Damage has been increased to 300, from 120. Health has been increased to 1300, from 840.
- The Wing Buffet Talent now increases move speed by 33%, changed from, Every other attack is a cleave attack.
- Gnoll Brute
- Extended Chain Talent now increases melee attack range by 2, from 1.
- Health has been reduced to 150, from 170. Damage has been reduced to 140, from 150. Attack speed has been increased to 1.2, from 1.3.
- Fixed a bug causing the Trinket Collectors Talent range to not match the Harpies default attack range.
- Holy Nova
- Damage has been increased to 150, from 140.
- Now dashes to its target to close the gap!
- Raptors have been redesigned and now function similar to Arcane Blast.
- First tap, costs 1 to summon 1 Raptor. Second tap, costs 2 to summon 2 Raptors. Third tap, costs 3 to summon 3 Raptors.
- Gained Trait: Cycle
- Warsong Grunts
- Squad size has been reduced to 2, from 4. Health has been increased to 1620, from 760. Damage has been reduced to 70, from 90.
- Blood Pact Talent now lasts forever.
- Dockmaster has been reworked and will now be found later in Elwynn Forest.
- Geaulieu and Gazlowe have swapped positions in the Barrens.
- Additional tuning on difficulty of Campaign and Quest maps.
- Fixed an issue that would allow S.A.F.E. Pilot to show up twice in an enemy’s Quest army.
User Interface and Accessibility
- The stats pages for many units have been updated to include Movement Speeds, dual Minis and Spell Advantage tuning.
- Offscreen Indicators have returned and have been optimized for performance.
- Visual effects duration for Inner Fire have been updated to last 5 seconds.
- Mountaineer’s stats will now include himself and his Bear.
- Rend’s stats will now include himself and Gyth.
- Fixed some localization issues.
Based on the slow trickle of information that we are getting about the game we still have no idea when/if we will gain access to the beta, however, we will do what we can to make sure that all of the information is posted when it is available.