Rugnor Goldgleam

Last Updated: April 9, 2022

rugnor goldgleam

Champion Overall Rating: 3

Key Areas

Arena Def: 6
Arena Atk: 6
Clan Boss: 7
Hydra: 4
Doom Tower: 6

Dungeons

Spider: 9
Fire Knight: 5
Dragon: 6
Ice Golem: 7
Iron Twins: 4

Faction Wars

  • Decrease Defense: Legendary
  • Damage: Legendary
  • Protection and Support: Great

Doom Tower

Magma Dragon: 6
Frost Spider: 8
Nether Spider: 8
Scarab King: 6
Eternal Dragon: 6
Celestial Griffin: 7
Dreadhorn: 4
Dark Fae: 4

Champion Type

ATK

9/10

Book
Value

A1, A2, A3

Book
Priority

Rugnor Goldgleam

Rugnor Goldgleam is a Void affinity epic from the Dwarves faction. Rugnor was introduced into Raid during the festive fusion of December 2020 as one of the epics required to fuse Pyxniel from the High Elves.
Rugnor has a fantastic kit with a single target decrease defence and weaken ability on his A3 and leech ability on his A1. These two skills are perfect for Clan Boss, Spider, Faction War bosses, and Sorath in the Doom Tower.  Rugnor has a great passive that decreases the cooldown of his A3 every time he takes 15% of his HP damage even through shields.

The only weakness in Rugnor’s kit is his base defense, it’s incredibly low and it will be difficult to bolster enough to keep him alive in extended fights. Also, his A2 which creates a shield first hurts himself for 15% of his HP which can kill him!

Thirsty Axe [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Has 50% chance of placing a Leech debuff for 2 turns.
Level 2: Damage +5%
Level 3: Damage +5%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%

Damage Rating

Multiplier: 3.7*ATK
Overall Grading*: Strong

Gold-Mad Frenzy - 4 Turn Cooldown

Sacrifices HP equal to 15% of this champion’s MAX HP, then fills this champion’s Turn Meter by 75% and places a Shield buff on this champion equal to 20% of their MAX HP for 3 turns. The Shield buff cannot be removed.
The HP sacrifice will happen even if it kills this champion, and will ignore Shield and Block Damage buffs.
Level 2: Cooldown -1

Damage Rating

Multiplier: 0.15*HP
Overall Grading*: Weak

Gleam of Avarice [ATK} - 5 Turn Cooldown

Places a 50% Increase ATK buff on this champion for 2 turns then attacks 1 enemy. Has a 75% chance of placing a 25% Weaken debuff on the target for 2 turns.
Also has a 75% chance of placing a 60% Decrease DEF debuff on the target for 2 turns before attacking.
Level 2: Damage +10%
Level 3: Damage +10%
Level 4: Buff/Debuff Chance +5%
Level 5: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
Level 6: Buff/Debuff Chance +10%
Level 7: Cooldown -1

Damage Rating

Multiplier: 6*ATK
Overall Grading*: Strong

Dire Grudge (Passive)

Decreases the cooldown of this champion’s Gleam of Avarice Skill by 1 turn every time this champion loses 15% HP.
The HP loss is accumulated and tracked over multiple turns, attacks or hits and is not affected by healing or other HP increases.

(Aura)

Increases Ally ATK in Doom Tower by 35%

*Grading is calculated using Realistic Battle Scenarios - Read More Here

PVE Masteries

General PvE
Clan Boss (Unkillable)
Offense
blade-disciple
deadly-precision
heart-of-glory
keen-strike
shield-breaker
grim-resolve
single-out
life-drinker
whirlwind-of-death
ruthless-ambush
bring-it-down
wrath-of-the-slain
cycle-of-violence
opportunist
methodical
kill-streak
blood-shield
stoked-to-fury
warmaster
helmsmasher
giant-slayer
flawless-execution
Defense
tough-skin
defiant
blastproof
rejuvenation
might-endurance
improved-parry
shadow-heal
resurgent
bloodthirst
wisdom-of-battle
solidarity
delay-death
harvest-despair
stubbornness
selfless-defender
cycle-of-revenge
retribution
deterrence
iron-skin
bulwark
fearsome-presence
unshakeable
Support
steadfast
pinpoint-accuracy
lay-on-hands
shieldbearer
exalt-in-death
charged-focus
healing-savior
rapid-response
swarm-smiter
arcane-celerity
merciful-aid
cycle-of-magic
lore-of-steel
evil-eye
lasting-gifts
spirit-haste
sniper
master-hexer
elixir-of-life
timely-intervention
oppressor
eagle-eye
Offense
blade-disciple
deadly-precision
heart-of-glory
keen-strike
shield-breaker
grim-resolve
single-out
life-drinker
whirlwind-of-death
ruthless-ambush
bring-it-down
wrath-of-the-slain
cycle-of-violence
opportunist
methodical
kill-streak
blood-shield
stoked-to-fury
warmaster
helmsmasher
giant-slayer
flawless-execution
Defense
tough-skin
defiant
blastproof
rejuvenation
might-endurance
improved-parry
shadow-heal
resurgent
bloodthirst
wisdom-of-battle
solidarity
delay-death
harvest-despair