Silouhette of Holsing as part of the Raid: Shadow Legends Vitrius and Holsing Buff
Published On: May 29, 2024
Start your Raid Journey Today!

Champion Rebalance: Update 8.60

Plarium has just announced some significant Vitrius and Holsring buffs are on the way!

These changes seem to be aimed at making both these Champions even more viable for certain roles – essentially making them more powerful and effective in certain content areas and situations.

Here’s the complete announcement from Plarium:

Plarium Vitrius and Holsing Announcement

“Hey folks! Today we are introducing rebalance notes for Vitrius the Anointed and Holsring. The changes are written in bold.

1. Vitrius the Anointed

With these changes, our main goal was to elevate Vitrius’ damage capabilities and make him a force to be reckoned with on the Arena. From now on, he will ignore even more DEF when attacking opponents, will be able to self-boost with offensive buffs, and have a more damage-focused build since, in the most cases, he no longer requires ACC. Now, let’s have a look at his kit:

We have upgraded Vitrius’ A1 with [True Fear] debuff, and moreover, this debuff becomes irresistible if its first hit heals this Champion to full HP. If his A2 removes at least 1 buff from the enemy, Vitrius will buff himself with [Increase ATK] and [Increase C. DMG] buffs.

Each hit of Vitrius’ A3 will now ignore 30% DEF and destroy the target’s MAX HP by 25% of the dealt damage. If the target has any active skills on CD, Vitrius will ignore 50% DEF instead on both of his hits. As for his Passive – we have reduced the CD of [Inexorable [P]] by 1 turn.

[Holy Terror]

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. The first hit heals this Champion by 30% of the damage inflicted. The second hit has a 65% chance of placing a [True Fear] debuff for 1 turn. This debuff cannot be resisted if the first hit fully healed this Champion. If the target is a Boss, the second hit has a 65% chance of placing a 30% [Decrease SPD] debuff for 2 turns instead.

[Storm of Righteousness]

Attacks all enemies. Before attacking, removes all [Increase DEF], [Ally Protection], and [Strengthen] buffs from all enemies. This effect cannot be resisted. If at least one buff was removed, also places a 50% [Increase ATK] buff and a 30% [Increase C. DMG] buff on this Champion for 2 turns. Will also ignore 30% of each target’s DEF. Boosts this Champion’s Turn Meter by 30% for each enemy alive after the attack.

[By My Hand!]

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Each hit ignores 30% of the target’s DEF and destroys the enemy’s MAX HP by 25% of the damage dealt. Cannot destroy a single enemy’s MAX HP by more than 75%. If the target is a Boss, destroys MAX HP equal to 35% of the damage dealt. If the target has any active skills on cooldown, both hits will ignore 50% of the target’s DEF instead. Ignores [Shield], [Unkillable], and [Block Damage] buffs.

[Inexorable ]

Cooldown reduced – 4 turns

2. Holsring

With Holsring, we wanted to make him a more reliable single-target nuker, so his random attacks on A1 and A2 were replaced with single-target multi-hitters. On top of the existing buffs and debuffs in his kit, his skill set was also enhanced by adding [Decrease SPD] and [Perfect Veil] mechanics. But despite these changes, he remains a solid Champion for PvE areas he was frequently used in.

Holsrings A1 will now attack 1 enemy 2 times and also decrease the enemy’s Turn Meter if he’s under Veil/Perfect Veil. A2 will prompt Holsring to attack 1 enemy 3 times, and we are adding up to the 75% ignore of the target’s DEF from this skill alone, which can be further increased with the help of masteries and Artifact sets. Holsrings A3 will now land [Decrease SPD] in addition to [Hex] debuff, and buff this Champion with [Perfect Veil]. His Passive was changed to make it a bit easier to gain [Perfect Veil] – he will now have to hit only 1 target, but the enemy should be under both [Hex] and [Decrease SPD] debuffs.

[Rampant Blows]

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times.
If this Champion is under a [Veil] or [Perfect Veil] buff, each hit has a 50% chance to decrease the target’s Turn Meter by 15%. Places a 50% [Increase ATK] buff on this Champion for 2 turns if this attack is critical.

[Overthrow]

Attacks 1 enemy 3 times.
If the target is under a [Hex] debuff, each hit will ignore 25% of the target’s DEF. Will ignore a further 25% of the target’s DEF if they are also under a [Decrease SPD] debuff.
Will also ignore an additional 25% of the target’s DEF if they are from the Banner Lords or Knights Revenant Factions.

[Witchfinder]

Attacks 4 times at random.
Each hit has a 75% chance of placing a [Hex] debuff for 3 turns and a 30% [Decrease SPD] debuff for 2 turns. Champions from the Banner Lords and Knights Revenant Factions cannot resist these debuffs. Each hit also has a 75% chance to steal 25% of the target’s Turn Meter. If the target is from the Banner Lords or Knights Revenant Factions, steals 50% of the Turn Meter instead. Also places a [Perfect Veil] buff on this Champion for 2 turns.

[Hunter’s Guile]

If this Champion attacks a target under a [Hex] debuff and a [Decrease SPD] debuff, places a [Perfect Veil] buff on this Champion for 1 turn. This effect will not activate when counterattacking. Also increases this Champion’s C. DMG by 30% while attacking under a [Perfect Veil] buff.”

Vitrius and Holsing Buffs: First Impressions

Overall, while these Vitrius and Holsring buffs aim to increase these Champions’ specific strengths, will they have the desired impacts in-game?

For Vitrius, it could be argued that without a base multiplier boost, he doesn’t realistically benefit too much from these buffs. It’s also likely he’ll now have serious trouble dealing with [Polymorph], too.

That said, these changes could be more beneficial for Live Arena matches given the turn meter boost he can get from stripping popular buffs like [Increase DEF]. The fact that he has a very high base ATK, coupled with his now increased ability to bypass enemy DEF also means he should hit much harder.

When it comes to Holsring, these buffs look decent. They certainly make him better at what he already does – a solid Dark Fae and Fire Knight Champion with good Turn Meter Steal and Turn Meter Control. These buffs will also make him more consistent at sustaining his Veil buffs and Turn Meter Control.

Essentially, these changes arguably don’t make him any more versatile or viable for other areas of the game. The additional damage against Banner Lord and Knight Revenant Faction Champions is certainly powerful but has limited use outside of Faction Wars.

Watch HellHades video for more about these changes, and check out the current Champion ratings below.

Vitrius

vitrius the anointed portrait

Holsring

What do you think of these Vitrius and Holsing buffs? Will you use these Champions more? Let us know in the comments!

5 2 votes
Community Rating
guest
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
No Nope
No Nope
12 days ago

I use Vitrius because I have no better nukers, and it’s disappointing to see he’s getting “buffed” without any changes that will actually make him a better nuker. Unless they pump his damage multipliers he’s still going to hit like wet tissue paper, now he just hits like wet tissue paper that buffs himself with buffs I’ve already given him