The new patch 4.30 is live so make sure you read it carefully as there is a lot going on!
Saved Teams, Skill Instructions, and much more!
This update brings improvements to some existing features, along with a few quality-of-life improvements – but the real meat of this update lies in newly added Team Setup options: Saved Teams & Skill Instructions. Here’s everything you need to know:
When in the team selection interface before any Battle, hit the “Team Setup” button to create Saved Teams of Champions and give those Champions Skill Instructions.
- Saved Teams lets you save preset, pre-selected teams of Champions that can quickly be chosen to be used in Battle in a couple of taps.
- Skill Instructions allow you to give Champions in Saved Teams special instructions about which Skills you want them to use – and when you want them to use them – when playing on Auto.
You are able to create two groups of Saved Teams – one for PvP Battles (like Classic Arena and Tag Arena), and one for PvE Battles (such as for the various Dungeons). You can save up to 10 Teams in each of these groups.
Skill Instructions work by allowing you to override the default AI prioritization of a Champion’s Active Skills, so that when playing on Auto, your Champions use their Skills in the order you want them to. Here are the priority options:
- Default. A skill with this instruction is used according to the Champion’s standard AI.
- Don’t Use. A skill with this instruction will never be used throughout a Battle.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Choices. These define each Skill’s priority from 1st (highest) to 3rd (lowest). First-choice Skills will be used whenever they are available, while second will be used whenever a Champion’s first choice is unavailable, while third choice will only be used whenever both first and second are unavailable.
Those are the main priorities, and they can be assigned to any Active Skill – but they can’t be assigned to Default Skills or Passives.
However, there is an additional instruction that will supersede any other instructions for a single turn – Opener.
- Opener. A Skill with this instruction will be used the first time that Champion gets a turn in the first Round of a Battle. After that turn, the Skill’s priority will change to whichever other Instruction is set.
It can be assigned to any non-Passive Skill (including Default Skills) along with any other Instruction. For example, a Skill can be set to both “Don’t Use” and “Opener”: in which case, that Skill will be used on that Champion’s first turn, but will then be ignored throughout the rest of the Battle and will not be used again.
Note: You can only give Skill Instructions to Saved Teams and to those Champions Set in your Arena Defense Teams. Check out the in-game guide (hit the “i” info icon within Team Setup) for more details and a full breakdown of both Skill Instructions and Saved Teams.
Clan vs Clan Tournaments with Personal Rewards. From now on, we’re going to launch CvC Tournaments with Personal Rewards as a separate edition of CvC Tournaments. This means going forward, we’ll have some standard CvC Tournaments without individual rewards, and some Tournaments with individual rewards added.
There will be 6 Personal Reward Tiers. Each player`s Personal Reward Tier depends on the number of Points they earned in the previous CvC Tournament that had Personal Rewards.
There will be 10 Personal Milestones in each Tier, and players will only be eligible to receive Personal Rewards if their Clan wins the CvC Matchup.