Patch 7.0 IS LIVE! LIVE ARENA – RAID SHADOW LEGENDS
Raid: Shadow Legends has released their latest update, version 7.00.0, bringing in a lot of exciting new features and improvements. This update introduces a new Live Arena PvP mode, Champion balance changes, a new champion, Great Hall expansion, and several other updates and fixes. In this article, we will dive into everything you need to know about the latest update.
Live Arena Beta Test
The Live Arena beta test is the most significant addition to the latest update. This PvP mode unlocks at Level 50 and allows players to fight against each other in real-time, 4v4 Champion battles. The Live Arena offers a new level of competition, where players can prove their skills and strategies against other players. By participating in Live Arena battles, players can win Live Arena Crests to unlock powerful Area Bonuses at the Great Hall. Additionally, players can earn Live Arena Chests that feature valuable rewards.
Before rolling out Live Arena to everyone, Raid: Shadow Legends will test the server load via a beta test with a select number of players, picked from those most active in Classic Arena. After the beta test, the Live Arena will be available to everyone. For those who took part in the beta test, their progress will be reset when the feature goes live for everyone, but they will keep the rewards they earned so far.
During the beta test, the Live Arena will open several times a day on a set schedule. Once the feature is available to everyone, Raid: Shadow Legends will announce it through a dedicated News post.
The Beta test will end on April 7th at 09:00, and the following times are the windows where Live Arena will be open for testing:
As we know from the previous announcement, every 35 wins you accumulate in Live Arena will reward you with a chest containing the new artifact sets, we now know that they will have the following amount of items:
- Bronze – 4 Artifacts (Rare, Epic – Rank 5-6)
- Silver – 5 Artifacts (Rare, Epic, Legendary – Rank 5-6)
- Gold – 6 Artifacts (Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythical – Rank 5-6)
Among the Live Arena Rewards, players can acquire Fragments of a new Legendary Void Champion – Quintus the Triumphant. This new champion is excluded from all Shards and is only available from the Live Arena. Quintus the Triumphant belongs to the Banner Lords faction and is an ATK-type champion with the Void affinity.
Please note that this Champion will be excluded from all Shards and only available from Live Arena.
Great Hall Expansion
The Great Hall is a crucial component of Raid: Shadow Legends, providing players with bonuses for their champions when fighting in specific locations. With this latest update, the Great Hall is divided into two tabs – Affinity Bonuses and Area Bonuses. The Affinity Bonuses tab is where players can see all the bonuses they may have previously unlocked with Arena Medals. The Area Bonuses tab contains new bonuses for champions when fighting in specific locations, and players can unlock them using Live Arena Crests. This new expansion to the Great Hall will be available when Live Arena is open to all players.
New Loading Screen
To commemorate the arrival of Live Arena in Raid: Shadow Legends, the developers have updated the loading screen to be Live Arena-themed. The loading screen features several champions in a titanic clash. Can you recognize all the champions?
New Champion Tags
The developers have added two new Champion Tags – Arena Build I and Arena Build II. These tags make it easier for players to find the champions they need for Arena battles.
New Filter in Team Selection Interface
Players can now filter champions by tags in the Team Selection interface in all locations except Faction Crypts and Doom Tower Secret Rooms. If the filter is active, the champions who have any tags applied will be displayed at the beginning of the Champion list. If there are no champions with tags, the filter will be disabled.
[Skill 2 – Hex of Years]– Skill changed.
- Old version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 50% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. Places a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns if a [Weaken] debuff is not placed.
- New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 70% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 45% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns.
- Damage multiplier increased.
[Skill 3 – Banish From Time] – Damage multiplier increased.
[Ascended skill 3 – Banish From Time] – Damage multiplier increased.
[Skill 2 – Dead Stop] – Skill changed.
- Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Puts the target’s skills on cooldown. If the enemy team has any duplicates of the target Champion, will also put all their skills on cooldown.
- New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Puts the target’s skills on cooldown. Also places a [Block Buffs] debuff for 2 turns. If the enemy team has any duplicates of the target Champion, will also put all their skills on cooldown and place a [Block Buffs] debuff on them for 2 turns.
[Skill 3 – Ghost Rage] – Skill changed.
- Old version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of removing 2 random buffs. Has a 75% chance of decreasing all enemies’ Turn Meters by 20%. Decreases enemy Turn Meters by a further 0.2% for every 1% of HP this Champion loses.
- New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of removing 2 random buffs. Also has a 75% chance of decreasing all enemies’ Turn Meters by 20%. Decreases enemy Turn Meters by a further 10% for each removed buff.
[Skill 4 – Spurned by Death [P]]
- Skill changed: Now heals this Champion by 30% of their MAX HP instead of 10%. Also, now fills this Champion’s Turn Meter by 30% instead of 20%.
Aura added: Now Increases Ally ACC in all Battles by 60.
[Skill 2 – Pierce the Carapace] – Skill changed.
- Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore [Strengthen], [Increase DEF], and [Ally Protection] buffs, as well as damage reduction granted by [Stone Skin] buffs. If this attack kills an enemy, fully heals this Champion and places a [Stone Skin] buff on them for 1 turn.
- New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore [Strengthen], [Stone Skin], [Increase DEF], and [Ally Protection] buffs. If this attack kills an enemy, fully heals this Champion and places a [Stone Skin] buff on them for 1 turn.
Other improvements and battle fixes
- The number of your available Arena Tokens and Keys is now displayed in the Bastion, Game Modes window, Shop, and Inbox.
- Fixed game freezing and crashes caused by certain visual effects in the Sand Devil’s Necropolis.
- Fixed an error that occurred when Michinaki’s Courser of Curses skill caused him to join in with an attack from Akemtum.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Hydra’s Almighty Decay skill not to destroy enemies’ MAX HP up to 75%.
- Fixed a bug where excessive RAM usage caused game crashes in both multi-Battle mode and in battles with Bosses.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Close Window buttons to not work on Plarium Play.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to claim Souls from the Inbox if they had maxed out their Soul Collection capacity.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the list of places where Soul Coins and Soul Essence can be acquired to not be displayed.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the list of places where Ancient Shards can be acquired to not be displayed.
I tested the new PVP system and find it needs help. The current times will not work for very many in the North American/ South American area. In the third match, I was disconnected from the PVP server and couldn’t return to finish the match. After that, I wasn’t able to do any more attempts. They did shut down for maintenance; tomorrow I will find out if they fixed any of it. I did send a support ticket with images for them.
If one fight will last about half an hour, I don’t see a chance for such an arena to have many people who would waste their time on this crap – I hope this shit will not go to the daily quests and nobody will be forced to do this arena, wanting to complete daily tasks.
I haven’t been able to access this? Is it only available to some users?
Yeah its still in Beta until next week – limited players have it!
It’s going to be lousy. Most players cannot stand PVP. If they just added it, that’s fine. But to link it again to bonuses that develop your character in other areas is very unfair. We have had update after update of complete crap – the Sand devil, the Irons twins, hard dungeons, stupidly OP legos and now this tripe.
All of the new content is linked to money and not driving the game forward. This might be the killer for me.
Live arena, Hard Dungeons and Sand Devil are all absolutely driving the game forward. Live arena has been an extremely requested feature for a long time, and will at least give the game some new life for endgame players, but will (once tiers have settled down) be enjoyable for all players.
Gaining bonuses to your Demon Lord Battles is reason enuff to slog thru Live Arena all by itself.
Did you know you can attain from 2-20 Speed and 2-20% Ignore DEF for Demon Lord in the Area Bonuses, along with all the other typical stats? Yes, please.
Yes, it’s a pain facing a string of Level-100 accounts whose “worst” champion is Arbiter, but keep your eyes on the prize. Losing the 10 gems you get each day from finishing the daily quests for 5 more shots at a reasonable opponent has been a decent deal so far.