Primal Shards have officially gone live in RAID Shadow Legends, alongside the release of Mythical Champions!
We’re going to break down everything we know about these new shards so far, including what the chances of getting lucky from them are, and where to obtain them!
But first of all, Don’t forget to claim your FREE Primal Shards from Plarium!
What are Primal Shards?
Primal Shards are a brand new shard type that offers the chance to get Mythical Champions, which are BRAND NEW to Raid Shadow Legends.
The concept of these Champions is incredibly cool as they’re effectively 2 Champions rolled into 1, with the ability to change between two forms, each offering a completely different style and skill kit.
Currently, there are 5 Mythical Champions released in RAID:
What are the odds for Primal Shards?
This part may shock some people, but Primal Shards are effectively Ancient Shards with a permanent 2x activated, alongside the rare chance of getting a Mythical Champion from them!
- Rare Champions – 82.5% (Ancient Shards = 91.5%)
- Epic Champions – 16% (Ancient Shards = 8%)
- Legendary Champions – 1% (Ancient Shards = 0.5%)
- Mythical Champions – 0.5%
Primal Shards carry over the same rule of Sacred Shards, where you are unable to summon any of the previous Log-in Champions from the daily login system.
We do not yet know if there will be specific 10x/2x/2-for-1 events on Primal Shards.
Just like the other Shards in RAID Shadow Legends, Primal Shards are also affected by a Mercy System, which may feel underwhelming, at least it is there if bad luck strikes… 300 times…
Primal Shards have a mercy system in place for both Legendary and Mythical Champions.
After 75 Summons without a Legendary, the chance will increase from 1%, by 1% every single shard thereafter – so after 174 Primal Shards you are guaranteed to get at least 1 Legendary.
After 200 Summons without a Mythical Champion, your chance will increase from 0.5%, by 1% every single shard thereafter, which if our maths isn’t truly awful, your 301st Primal Shard should guarantee you a Mythical Champion, although I’d like to say the chances of reaching that threshold don’t sound high, it does seem to happen in more cases than not for the other existing shards (mostly Ancient and Void!)
Where to get Primal Shards
With Primal Shards only going live in the game today, we may not know ALL of the Locations you can obtain them, however, we have a few good options already in the game.
- Pack Offers – Of course, these are going to be the most reliable method of getting Primal Shards, as with all Shards in RAID.
- Permanent Money Shop – Just like the other shards, you can purchase a small amount for an absurd price in the Shop, limited to 5x Per Month you can get 5x Primal Shards for $49.99.
- Collecting 100 Primal Quartz – Once you’ve gathered 100 Primal Quartz, you can make one Primal Shard.
- Daily Login Rewards – On Day 20 of the Extended Login Calendar, you can pick up 1 full Primal Shard.
- Platinum, Super Platinum and Ultra Platinum Classic Arena Chests – At the end of the weekly reset in RAID, the highest tier of Arena Chests will have the chance to contain a Primal Shard.
- Hydra Clash – Hydra Clash Chests reward you with Primal Quartz, which can be used to forge a Primal Shard.
- Events and Tournaments – Occasionally Plarium will add Primal Shards and/or Primal Quartz to Tournaments and Events as rewards. Currently, there is a Primal Shard available for 12,000 Points in the Champion Training Tournament.
What do you think of Primal Shards and Mythical Champions? Let us know in the comments!