In Classic arena you pitch your 4-man team against an opponent’s defence which is pre-selected. You can always see what you will be up against therefore you can start to understand the right strategies to beat the teams before you. The Arena is incredibly important as it is the only way to improve your Great Hall, which boosts stats in all content of the game. There is Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum arena with Tiers I to IV of each arena Bracket except the elite Platinum Arena. The number of medals you win from each battle scales as you grind your way up through the different level of arena. Not only do the number of medals scale up, but they are worth more! One silver medal is equal to two bronze medals, and one gold medal is worth two silver medals!
3v3 arena unlocks at level 35 and is similar to Classic Arena however you need to pitch 3 of your 4-man teams against your opponent. You grind this area for gold bars that can be spent in the Arena Bazaar offering great rewards, such as ancient, void and even Sacred Shards! There is also an opportunity to purchase a legendary champion, Drexthar Bloodtwin by redeeming a fragment each day for 100 days!
5 Arena Strategies
On this page we will be discussing the fundamentals of 5 unique strategies! There are a lot of more complex ways to build arena teams, but these 5 ideas will help you decide what is best for you! Always use the Speed calculator to make sure you are setting your champions up to win.
- The first strategy relies on two turn meter boosters. Ideally, you have a speed lead (with an aura of All battles or Arena), with a secondary booster followed by two damage dealers. An early game example would be High Katun, into apothecary, followed by Kael into Elhain. The entire point of this strategy is to go as fast as possible with High Katun, and Apothecary, enabling you to be run Kael and Elhain much slower and do more damage with their nukes! This will let you build up things such as their c.rate, and c.dmg for maximum damage! A key concept with this is forgoing all other stats on your two speed boosters. The ONLY thing that matters is speed, speed, and on rare occasion? Speed!
- The second strategy is similar to the first, however, it relies on heroes such as Warmaiden to decrease defence of the entire enemy team allowing your damage dealer to blast through your opponents! This is done by having two speed boosters, your decrease defence champion and then your damage dealer. Since you have boosted your speed twice now, you are able to slow down your hero and build the accuracy to land the much-needed decrease defence! You follow that up with a damage dealer such as Kael, and you slam through your opponents!
- The third strategy is a speed into control set up! You would still look to have one champion as a speed lead and as fast as possible, literally every fastest speed item you own in speed sets to make sure you have the best chance to go first. This is then followed up by someone who can control the entire enemy team. The best forms of control are Provoke, Stun, Freeze & Sleep. An example would be Gnarlhorn or Umbral AoE Provoking all enemies! This enables you to again slow down your last two champions and build up their stats needed to smash your opponents! Just remember when you are building these champions, you need ACCURACY for the ability to land! The higher you go in the Arena the more accuracy you would need to ensure the enemy do not resist you.
- As your account progresses there is a fantastic fast way to grind medals using a blender composition. This is a fast speed lead speed tuned on the Speed calculator to be followed by a champion who has an ally attack ability. This forces your whole team to attack with their A1 attacks. You are best to fill the last two slots up in this set up with champions with an AoE A1 ability such as Skullcrown, Bellower or Sinesha to name a few. These champions can be built with no extra speed, just 100% crit rate and as much attack and crit damage as possible! Done correctly you can melt a whole team with this tactic.
Speed, speed, speed! All you talk about is SPEED! The last method we will briefly touch on is a team built to go second. This is a more difficult strategy to achieve and takes a better understanding of the game.
- For a go second team, what are we looking for? We are looking for a high defence team, and/or a high resistance team. This team is designed to go slower but have the survivability to punch back after the enemy team has exhausted their main abilities. This team relies on a defence or resistance aura, paired with a high defensive build. Champions here will have their damage based on defence such as Ghrush or Scyl of the Drakes. Ideally one of your team will have a cleanse or heal ability, Mausoleum Mage works well here and would have to be faster than your other champions. You basically out sustain the enemy and win a war of attrition.
So now you are equipped with the knowledge to beat your enemies in the Arena in Raid Shadow Legends, check out the Raid Tier List to see which of your champions are best to build!