This Frozen spider needs burning in order to take her down! Follow the guide and video below to find out how to beat the Ice Spider!
Whiteout [ATK] Attacks all enemies.
Places a 50% [Decrease ACC] Debuff for 2 turns.
Katabatic Winds [ATK]
Attacks all enemies. Places a [Block Buffs] Debuff and a [Heal Reduction] Debuff for 2 turns on enemies under [Freeze] Debuff. Places a 30% [Decrease SPD] Debuff and a 50% [Decrease ATK] Debuff for 2 turns on enemies that have no [Freeze] Debuff.
Absolute Zero [ATK]
Removes all buffs from enemies, then attacks them. Has a 100% chance of placing [Freeze] Debuff for 1 turn. The chance decreases to 50% if Sorath is under a [HP Burn] Debuff. Fills Sorath’s Turn Meter by 20% for each [Freeze] Debuff placed by this skill.
Frozen Lymph [Passive]
When attacked, has a 20% chance of placing a [Freeze] Debuff on the attacker for 1 turn. Increases Sorath’s DEF and RESIST if Sorath is not under [HP Burn] Debuff.
Purge by Flame [Passive]
Revives Sorath the Frost Spider with 50% HP, a full Turn Meter, and all skill cooldown reset if Sorath is killed while not under [HP burn] Debuff. Also spawns 2 spiderlings. Sorath can have a maximum of 2 Spiderlings in battle at any time.
Invincible Scales [Passive]
Immune to [Stun], [Freeze], [Sleep], [Provoke], [Block Cooldown Skills], [Fear] and [True Fear] Debuffs. Also immune to HP exchange effects, HP balancing effects and cooldown increasing effects.
Almighty Strength [Passive]
Damage from skills that scale based on enemy MAX HP cannot exceed 10% of the boss’ MAX HP when attacking the boss.
Almighty Persistence [Passive]
All turn meter reduction effects are decreased by 50% when used against the Boss.
Removes all Debuffs from Sorath. Instantly transfer [Decrease DEF] Debuff and [Weaken] Debuff to this spiderling if not under leech. Will convert Debuffs to the weaker version on transfer.
- You should aim to kill the two spiderlings then kill Sorath – Leech is very useful to stop the transfer of debuff as are Stun, Freeze and Sleep debuffs on spiderlings, which makes free champions such as Ghrush the Mangler (login rewards) very valuable, as he provides leech and continuous heal for your team, and a potential attack down on the boss.
- Sorath will revive if she is not killed under HP Burn making champions such as Drexthar, Ignatius and Tyrant Ixlimor very useful. Single Target HP burns such as Bulwark and Coffin Smasher are excellent alternatives.
- You can Turn Meter control Sorath making champs such as Armiger, Alure, Psylar to name a few strong here, however, turn meter reduction IS reduced vs Sorath, so it will be very hard to keep her turn meter down at higher levels.
- Decrease Speed – This will help to keep your turns up vs the boss, and allow you more cooldown resets to keep yourself alive vs Sorath.
- Enemy Max HP champions are excellent for dealing damage to Sorath who has a high Max HP, please note though – these hits cannot exceed 10% of the bosses health.
Niche Strategy: You can block the revive of Sorath using Block Revive Champions.
To beat the Ice spider you will need patience and sustain (oh and HP burn). This will be a long fight as all you need to do is outlive the spider, doing this will ensure you complete the level. To keep sustained you will need cleanses, heals and shields! Much like the rest of the doom tower bosses, these buffs are just what you need to get the best out of your team!
HP burn is almost mandatory against the ice spider as it will revive unless it has the debuff active on it unless you are using a block revive champion. Drexthar Bloodtwin is a very good example of the champion, due to the fact he is available to everyone from the Bazaar. You’ll need, just make sure it has the required accuracy to land the debuff, but due to his +70 ACC in all battles Aura, it will be significantly easier to acquire.
A common tactic used for this fight is running one HP burner, with very high accuracy, and plenty of sustain in your team (This can also be 2 manned if you have a tanky enough healer!) We recommend using Ghrush/Another leech champion in this setup so that you avoid the boss getting 50% Increase Attack buff, from the Left Spiderling
Focus the left spiderling and apply HP burn, then apply HP burn to the right spiderling, these will then tick the bosses HP down with burns slowly, while you keep your team alive. By the time both of the Spiderlings are dead you should be in a position where the boss is very low health, and it is just a case of having a HP burn land to finish it off.
This boss can be soloed but requires incredibly high gear, there are videos of champions such as Sethallia doing this, but also Coffin Smasher!!
Some ‘Relatively’ obtainable Champions that excel on this fight are: Note – Most of these are very easily obtainable, with a few notable epics to mention.
Scyl of the Drakes (Passive healing, and decrease speed on the boss + Revive)
Drexthar Bloodtwin (HP Burn)
Reliquary Tender (Cleanse + Revive)
Ghrush the Mangler (Leech + Healing)
Apothecary (Healing + Speed boosting)
High Khatun (Speed Aura, Turn meter Manipulation)
Coffin Smasher (HP Burn)
Mausoleum Mage (Cleanse, Healing, Block Debuffs + Turn Meter boosting)
Psylar (Turn meter control)
Melga Steelgirdle (Shields, Revive + Chance to cleanse on A1)
Doompriest (Heals + Cleansing)